Collection of digital forensics tools for verification, investigations, diagnostics and so on. Composed from: Bellingcat's Digital Forensics Tools list https://docs.google.com/document/d/1BfLPJpRtyq4RFtHJoNpvWQjmGnyVkfE2HYoICKOGguA, Forensics Wiki http://www.forensicswiki.org and assorted collections of forensic resources online.
All contributions welcome. Please propose changes using github issue https://github.com/ivbeg/awesome-forensictools/issues or by direct writing pull request.
Table of contents
- Satellite and mapping services
- Geobased searches
- Documents metadata
- Images, videos and metadata
- Social media
- Date and time
- Guides and handbooks
- Data visualization
- Online security and privacy
- List of sources per country
Satellite and mapping services
- Bing Maps, satellite and mapping service, has more recent and sharper imagery than Google in several areas such as Iraq, bing.com/maps
- Date of the Bing imagery? Check:mvexel.dev.openstreetmap.org/bing
- conversion of coordinates, convert geographic coordinates between different notation styles,synnatschke.de/geo-tools/coordinate-converter.php
- DigitalGlobe, paid satellite imagery, but preview available for free via the catalogus,browse.digitalglobe.com/imagefinder
- Geograph, georeferenced images, geograph.org
- GeoNames, an online database of (various spellings of) locations names,geonames.org
- Google Earth Pro,google.com/earth/download/gep/agree.html
- Bing Maps satellite imagery layer: ge-map-overlays.appspot.com/bing-maps/aerial
Github : https://github.com/ivbeg/awesome-forensicstools/
*Beware click the link!